01 January, 2008

LPN Questions Answered

Brad

Q: Hey Brad, do you play Guitar Hero (any one of them)? - TmanLPU
A: Yes, but I’m not as good as Chester or Mike.

Q: Brad, do you still play Trumpet? Why not add some Trumpet parts into the next record? - SassiLP
A: Not as good as I used to. Maybe on the next one.

Q: Brad, I'm an amateur guitarist. How did you get so good and what helped you come up with your songs? - fenderfreak123
A: I took guitar lessons for years, practiced a lot, taught guitar lessons, and listened to a lot of music!

Q: How do you feel when you first get on the stage? - pehrfy
A: Excited.

Q: What's your favorite TV show? - Chesters_Girl
A: The Shield, Project Runway, Damages

Q: What happened to the graffiti walls shown in the Meteora booklet? Are they kept in a special place? - comfortzone
A: They’re being preserved in a cryogenic chamber.

Q: What music are you listening to currently?
A: Sam Cooke, Editors, Yo-Yo Ma, Tokyo Police Club

Q: What are your favorite movies this year?
A: Once, Ratatouille, Eastern Promises, Stardust, 3:10 to Yuma

Q: How many guitars have you smashed? (If none, you should smash one now)
A: Fortunately, not too many. The guitars I play on stage are pretty special (and pretty expensive), so I try to treat them kindly! I have, however, destroyed a few in my time, some of which have been retired to various Hard Rock cafes.

Q: What type of guitar do have near your computer? (or near your tv/couch etc for sudden strokes of genius)
A: I keep an old-school hand-held recorder close for sudden bursts of inspiration. If I'm away from home, I'll call myself and leave ideas on my voicemail.

Q: What is your favorite guitar?
A: My red PRS, custom 24, soldier with wings


Chester

Q: With the way you sing, how do you sooth your throats? I myself am a singer and I am interested in how people get away with the pain and if there are any exercises that are helpful? - Abitchey
A: Lots of water and practice.

Q: If you could be anyone in the world, who would you be? - EduardoG
A: Me.

Q: How were you able to perform when you broke your wrist during the show? - Heatheroz
A: The pain of disappointing the fans is way worse than a broken wrist.

Q: Where did you learn to sing? - robstar
A: I learned by singing along to my favorite records.

Q: Which country would you like to tour most that you haven't been to yet? - maurader
A: Israel, South Africa, and Egypt.

Q: I always have the WORST case of writer's block. What do you do to get over writer's block? - Kaji5785
A: I switch to other creative things like drawing or painting and it seems to work.

Q: Who do you think are some of the best vocalists in the current music scene?
A: Ryan Shuck of Julien-K, Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age, Chris Cornell, and Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance.

Q: What was your favorite city to visit on this past Australia/NZ/Asia tour, and why?
A: Tokyo. Because it is so full of life and it’s the fashion capital of the world.

Q: What can you tell us about your solo project, Dead By Sunrise?
A: We rule! Our record is almost done and so far we’re really proud of all the songs.

Q: I love the new Club Tattoo designed Etnies Shoes! What gave you the idea for those?
A: Etnies is the original when it comes to street/skate shoes. We thought they would be the perfect fit for Club Tattoo.


Joe

Q:What do you guys do for fun on tour? - Craigie_T
A: We play naked twister smothered in mayo, gravy, and mustard.

Q: Have you ever seen a UFO or anything else strange? - CheGuevara
A: Yes. I see UFOs on occasion.

Q: Is there a website where I can see your art? - Jossi
A: No website for my art, but maybe later on. www.SURU-LA.com

Q: Where do you guys see yourselves in 15 years? - sabadiyo
A: In 15 years, I will be President of North Korea.

Q: What's your favorite car? - Lplova
A: I like the Yugo.


Mike

Q: Do you ever take paintings on tour with you to finish? - ILoveMyMikeShinoda
A: Sometimes, but I sketch more often.

Q: When you rap, do you ever freestyle before writing the actual lyrics? - Rayzer
A: I usually loop the beat and see what rhythms feel best on the track. Then I figure out words.

Q: Will you be doing more with Fort Minor sometime in the future? - WillSherwoodA
A: No plans, but I did some work on an upcoming Styles Of Beyond album. It's coming out soon.

Q: How was it being on MTV's "Punked"? - angel123
A: Did you ever pee your pants in preschool and everyone laughed at you? It's like that.

Q: Hey, Mike! Where do you get your inspiration for your art? - StealthSneak1
A: My new stuff is inspired by pop culture and rock/punk/hip hop excess. Nobody has seen the new stuff yet though - it's coming in July. More info to come on

Q: How do you warm up for gigs? - heyman112
A: Chill out, stretch, and figure out what I’m going to eat after we play. Tonight is Caesar salad and a steak.


Phoenix

Q: Does "No More Sorrow" reflect your opinion about today's politics around the world? What is your take on politics? - TudorBran
A: Yes and no… true false.

Q: Where do you guys get your inspiration? - doublefudge
A: From all the "Chicken Soup For The Soul" books.

Q: Will there be another remix album? - BOBXCORE
A:Definitely maybe.

Q: What's the most important thing to bring while on tour? - Nightshad3
A: Cholula or Tapatio (especially internationally!!!)

Q: What's the most embarrassing thing any of you have ever done onstage? - LP_Fan101
A: One time I played a wrong note.

Q: What is the secret to your success? - djjenkins
A: Rob Bourdon.

Q: What is one of your best memories while creating the Minutes to Midnight album?
A: The time we spent in the studio was amazing. Great creative experience!

Q: How do you think you have changed, personally and/or professionally, since your band has achieved success worldwide?
A: I think we’ve become more mature. I also think we treat each other better.

Q: Music for Relief is now concentrating on aiding California wildfire relief efforts as well as responding to the destruction caused by the recent cyclone in Bangladesh. Why did the organization choose to focus on these two particular natural disasters?
A: Music for Relief is an organization designed to help people in need. When we see a situation where we think we can help, we get involved.

Q: What kind of music do you listen to that people might be surprised to hear of?
A: I like classical music.

Q: If you weren't in a band what else do you think you would be doing? Any other careers that you aspired to as a kid?
A: I wanted to be a CIA hitman for a while – that was back before I adjusted into society.

Q: What are you looking forward to most on the upcoming European and US tour?
A: Seeing all our LPUers and fans worldwide.


Rob

Q: What's it like being in front of a ton of people when you're on stage? - black_phantom
A: Every night is a huge adrenaline rush when the show starts. It’s the best feeling.

Q: How long have you all known each other? - Bones850
A: I have known Brad, Mike, and Dave for 12 years. Chester for 10 years and Joe for 11 years.

Q: Hey guys, I'm from The Bahamas, where rock music is not popular at all. How does it feel to have fans from a variety of cultures worldwide? - SunShyneY2J
A: It's great, I wish we could do a show in the Bahamas!! Maybe one day!

Q: Hey Rob, how long did it take you to get where you are now on your drumming skills? - Blessed_Ignorance
A: Up till today. I started playing for fun when I was 12. The process of learning and improving never ends.

Q: I want to know what is the strangest thing that you have eaten on tour? - lilmiss_robinator
A: I stick to the basics. I am a pretty boring eater.

Q: If you had to pick another band to be in (other than Linkin Park!), which would you pick and why? - nicky808
A: I would be stoked if I was good enough to play drums with The Dave Matthews Band.

Q: Do you play any other instruments, and if yes, which ones? What made you choose the drums as your main instrument?
A: I also play the piano. I chose the drums after seeing Aerosmith play when I was in the 4th grade.

Q: Chris Cornell was the opening act for your Australia show. How was that? Did you meet any other opening bands/artists on tour that you liked?
A: I think Chris Cornell is extremely talented and it was an honor to play on the same stage. I’ve been listening to his music since I was in high school.

Q: What video games have you been playing recently? Which game can you usually trump everyone else in?
A: Halo 1 was my game. I have retired for now, but might start on Halo 3 soon.

Q: How does it feel performing overseas compared to performing in the U.S.?
A: Most of the shows overseas are a lot larger than U.S. shows.

Q: What other passions do you have besides music? Is there anything recent that you've been interested in (a new band, hobby, food, sport or activity)?
A: Surfing.

Q: Your drum solo during "Bleed It Out" live is incredible! How did you come up with it?
A: I actually never have really tried doing drum solos until the other guys asked me to do them. I just play whatever comes to mind at the time with a general idea of what to do based on previous solos.

Q: Do you have time to go sightseeing in your spare time on tour? What are some sights or landmarks that you've enjoyed visiting recently?
A: I really enjoyed the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the National Palace Museum in Taipei.